First eCMID 2017 AVI Conference announced in Amsterdam, 25 April 2017
The Marine Surveying Academy, which manages the CMID Accredited Vessel Inspectors scheme on behalf of the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and the accrediting professional body, the International Institute of Marine Surveying (IIMS), is delighted to announce the first conference for CMID AVI’s.
The special one day conference will take place on Tuesday 25th April 2017 In Amsterdam.
Location: by Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Date: 25 April 2017
From: 09.00 hrs to 16.30 hrs
The Conference Programme
Full details of the Conference programme, timings and speakers are still being finalised and will be released and published soon.
But the following speakers are confirmed.
• Mike Schwarz, Chief Executive of IIMS
• Chris Baldwin, IMCA eCMID Technical Adviser speaking about the run up to the major changes in January 2018 and new developments
• Ryan Foley, IMCA database manager will demonstrate the eCMID database
• Nick Cranch, BP, gives an overview from a vessel operator’s perspective on the importance of the scheme and why it matters
• eCMID lead tutor, Ian Coates, will share the many learnings from the first dozen training days held so far.
The day will end with a panel discussion, including questions from those present in the audience.
The cost for the day to include luncheon, tea and coffee breaks is GBP 150.00 plus VAT where applicable.
Who Should Attend?
• Current accredited eCMID Vessel Inspectors
• Those seeking accreditation before it becomes a requirement by 1 January 2018
• Vessel owner and operators who wish to know more about the scheme
• Representatives from P&I Clubs
About the venue
The eCMID Accredited Vessel Inspectors One Day Conference will take place in Amsterdam at the Novotel Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel, Netherlands. The hotel is conveniently situated just one stop on the train (4 minutes) from Schiphol Airport station and just 200 metres from Hoofddorp Station.
A special rate for conference delegates requiring overnight accommodation has been agreed of 119 euros plus 6% city tax payable directly to the hotel.
The hotel’s web site can be viewed here: .
You can reserve your place in the following ways:
• By email stating your name, your contact information and details of who to invoice.
• By telephone directly to the MSA offices. Please call + 44 (0) 23 9238 5223.
• By using the online conference book form below.
On receipt of your reservation, MSA will invoice you for GBP 150.00 plus VAT where applicable by email.